All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

ATL 9/03/07

As dad went through his slide collection for me to scan, he told me he left out some that were...in his opinion..."embarrassing". Like what? I asked, thinking he was referring to I'm-never-gonna-be-a-Senator photos showing me and a goat, or proving that I never really finished Citizenship merit badge.

"You know, the ones with you and your headgear."

Oh...that. Those aren't so bad. I did hate that headgear...I had to wear it when I was like 9 years old to line up my teeth to get them ready for braces. Like braces aren't bad enough by themselves.

So, here I am, with my little brother, in the first stages of getting those front teeth under control. I think it's good for today's generation to understand that beauty isn't easy.

MOVIE NEWS - "Shoot 'em Up" is released this Friday - Clive Owen is one reason to see this gun caper (maybe the only reason).

ART NEWS - The Oglethorpe University Museum of Art exhibit "Rodin: In His Own Words" opens on Saturday, September 8th...

...and if you've got the tickets, we'll see you that afternoon at Piedmont Park for the Dave Matthews Concert! Gates open at 4:00 PM, the Allman Brothers start at 5:30, and DM is set for 8:05.

PLANET NEWS - Cover your pots while cooking (and boiling water) and conserve the heat/energy required for what you are cooking. Even better are pressure cookers and steamers: they can save around 70%! During the summer, when A/C costs and arm and a leg, we go so far as to turn on the exhaust fan over the stove and vent more of the heat out of the condo. (I know, I know, the fan uses energy, too, but not as much as running the A/C!)

NATIONAL NEWS - Some Senator isn't gay. Apparently, that's news. (I think this youtube video sums it up.)

LOCAL NEWS - The ajc announced that a portion of the local sewer re-work that we are all suffering through in town was completed in Grant Park just in time for last week's gully-washers. At the same time, they reported that the ginormous tunnel being bored underneath Midtown (from Clear Creek in Piedmont Park to a new sewage treatment facility on the Chattahoochee) is 1 year behind schedule.

RETAIL NEWS - Beleza in 905 Juniper had its dry run last week...the new raw, non-dairy food and exotic juice cocktail restaurant should be opening any day! And, following extensive, hands-on research, it has been confirmed the McCray's really is closing September 1st, but Loca Luna has a reprieve until the end of the year.

WEB NEWS - I'm a geek. Geeks go here.

No comments: