All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

Ohio - Night Sky

The snow has melted. The empty fields are soggy with the first rains. Deer, pheasant, turkeys are all coming out to eat...but the trees aren't fooled. They aren't putting out any buds. These clouds still have one snow left in them.
--------------------------------------
In the outside world, there is an on going debate in the FCC and the FAA about cell phone usage on airplanes. They have elicited people's opinions; this one was my favorite:

"As long as the cellphone users have to step outside to use their phone I have no problem with it. — Posted by Ken B"
--------------------------------------
Back home, it's time for the annual debate on Billboards vs. Trees in the Georgia Legislature:

" ...the billboard industry needs relief from current rules that protect trees at the expense of the economy." ---All so someone can make more money; I don't need the billboards, but I do need the trees.

We should cut down more trees because "...
more than 100 people die annually when they run off Georgia roads and hit a tree." ---People can't run their cars into trees if the trees aren't there...or if they aren't in their cars. Make it illegal to drive.

Are we going to let our "representatives" change what we see on a drive through Georgia? More billboards and fewer trees? Sad.

ajc.com
--------------------------------------
Here in Compliance, I decided I needed a "Defiance College" T-shirt; that was my chore last Thursday.

After finally spotting the campus bookstore through a window, I came up short at a locked door. Inside, I could see a couple of ladies busying themselves over stacks of T-shirts. In my best Marcel Marceau, I questioned "Open tomorrow?".

Smiling, she mimed back "We're closed".

I pointed at the locked door, miming "No f#@$ing kidding."

Still smiling, she unlocked the door. "Can I help you?"

"Sure! What are your hours?"

"8:30 to 4:30 every day."

"Every day? Like today?"

'Oh, no, sir. We're closed today."

I just looked at her, miming "please continue, you vapid cow."

"Oh, it's spring break. We're closed."

I just kept looking at her...

"We are open again next week."

...waiting...

"When Spring Break is over."

...waiting...

"On Tuesday"

Finally! "Thanks very much for your help," I mimed with my backside as I turned toward the exit.
----------------------------------
I didn't really understand what all the fuss was about; what's so special about fish all of a sudden?

At one intersection - Clinton Street and The Mall entrance - 3 of the 4 fast food places were engaged in a price war over...fish sandwiches.

Arby's had "2 for $4". BK Lounge had "Fish Meal Deal". Mickey D's had it, too.

I didn't get it...until I realized that we are between Ash Wednesday and Easter...and I'm deep in Catholic Country.

Rats - I'm too late to give up Ohio for Lent.

No comments: