All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

The Kite Runner

Last night was my very first book club meeting.

I was unreservedly pleased about its existence, because it did "force" me to read a book that I otherwise would not have, but I wasn't as sure about actually talking to people about it.

I love sharing books, but as the meeting progressed, I realized that up until that point, "sharing" entailed only "have you read 'X'?" " Yup". "Didja like it?" "Yup".

Not much of a discussion.

Last night was great; I was really able to examine and recall much more about the book during the discussion than I did during its initial reading; it was like reading it twice. I hadn't discussed "themes" and "hubris" and "Edith Hamilton" since AP English.

Now I just need to find a "therapy club"; maybe then I'll discuss some of the personal issues that I've always kept inside...I was never able to take "AP Psychology"...

No comments: