All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

ATL 9/24/07 - Oregon


No time for news after returning from my trip to my homeland...but after all that childhood reminiscing, I thought it was a good time for a tribute to the most beautiful woman in my life.

Thanks for everything, mom!


ART/LOCAL/OREGON/WEB NEWS

ART NEWS - At the AllianceTheater - "Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris"

'The Hertz Stage transforms into a chic bohemian Paris nightclub for a theatrical event like you’ve never before experienced at the Alliance.'

LOCAL NEWS - MARTA and the Woodruff Arts Center are in talks about a possible expansion of the arts campus over the top of the transportation site. This could include the relocation of the Calatrava-designed symphony hall, but that project has only attracted 1/3 of the $300 million required to make it a reality. (Don't get me wrong - I love Starchitects - and I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I think the proposed building looks like a mosquito emerging from a starched, men's shirt collar.)

OREGON NEWS - Here are a couple of pics of my trip - view from the tent, sunset, and the Vietnamese wedding gate. It's after midnight, so only time for one story...

...I was in Oregon for my annual backpacking trip, my friend's fantastically fun Tie-Dye Anniversary party, and another friend's wedding to a delightful Vietnamese woman. Their original introduction 5 years ago was arranged by Auntie Lucy, so, during a slow moment of the reception, I asked to meet Auntie Lucy.

1st thing out of Auntie Lucy's mouth - "Where are you from?" "Atlanta, ma'am."

2nd thing out of Auntie Lucy's mouth - "Where's your wife?"

Always plotting, that Aunt Lucy is. I just said I was "traveling alone." Sorry, S.

OTHER OREGON NEWS - The "Fish of the Week" in Monday's Sports Section was a 15 lb. catfish caught by an 8 year old boy using worms for bait. No joke.

WEB NEWS - I like the wallcoverings, fabrics, and customized lamps at inhabit.

1 comment:

James Kernan Ferrin said...

i love the lst photo of your mother.

i hope your trip was wonderful.