All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

Mexico Stories - Weather Report

(Ongoing rants from a gringo working in Silao, Mexico, til March '06)

I don' know enough spanish to understand the weather report on the radio, but it's always sunny and beautiful down here in central Mexico. Sometimes a might chilly, but always clear.

On my morning run, I watched the sun come up into that clear sky behind a beautiful, cone-shaped mountain off to the east, the light turning from black to midnight blue...then red...then orange and yellow on either side of its smooth, symmetrical slopes.

Back at the apartment, I asked my native co-worker what mountain that was. "I don't know the name, my friend, it's just one of the volcanos..."

Volcanos?

One?

Sigh. Yet another little thing they forgot to mention about this place, like unpainted speed bumps, feral dogs, burro crossings, and corn fungus.

I guess it's just as well I can't understand the weather report - "Today we have a 0% chance of precipitation, with a 20% chance of death raining down from the sky. Buenos dias."

No comments: