All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

Open letter to friends in Laguna...

Dave and Anthony,

Today I read that 55.7% of voters in your home town of Laguna Beach just approved a sales tax increase to go towards the $15 million needed to rebuild/replace property lost to the Bluebird Canyon landslide earlier this year. It seems that homeowner's insurance only pays to replace a home...not the land that disappeared out from underneath it.

1/2 cent sales tax increase to 8.25% isn't so bad, right? After all, it's not the homeowner's fault their property went away.

So, I was wondering - could you vote me in a new sales tax to buy me a car? After all, it's not my fault my current vehicle is depreciating...

They calculate income from 1/2 % sales tax to be $10,000,000 in six years. That works out to about $333,333,333 in taxable sales per year. I figger a .025% sales tax increase for just one measly, little year would still net me $83,333 - enough for a pretty sweet ride, even in southern California.

8.275% doesn't seem too high, does it?

Could you forward this to the city council for me? Thanks!

No comments: