All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

Martha's out..


...and right back in for 5 months of "house arrest". What I wouldn't give to be forced to stay at home for 5 months...rewriting my website, updating photo archives, decorating (hell, just dusting, even), working out, writing, wow! I never understood people that said they couldn't retire because they would know what to do...I am so-o-o not my job and I so-o-o wouldn't have that problem.

I love this pic from the gates and really hate that it's not mine (pretty obvious, since I'm the one with the high-water jeans - not my fault! They are riding up a little since I'm wearing every piece of thermal underwear I own since it's only 28 degrees!) I know I'm flattering myself when I say this, but it makes me think "Charlie's-Angels-do-Gap-ad-in-the-shower-curtain-department-at-Macy's". Ne c'est pas?

Went to a gallery walk in an up-and-coming warehouse neighborhood south of downtown ("up-and-coming" in Atlanta means "I'm kinda embarassed about my neighborhood; don't walk to your car alone...") Ran into a friend (yay, very happy, never get to see her) and a friend of a friend having a photography opening. His stuff was great - emulsion on aluminum and glass. Why aren't I having an opening? I've given that a lot of thought:

1) I've dabbled in liquid emulsion and didn't have the patience - attention span too short for experimental stuff.

2) I've got some good stuff, but nothing thematic. I couldn't have the "woods" show, or the "goth" show, or the "messed-up in the head friends" show. Just like I've enjoyed making composites to post here, I need to explore themes that could actually embody an entire room/evening/event. Times Square lights start to come close - too self editing? "If one is good, why shoot more?"

3) I'm shy - I love to show off my stuff, but some non-commercial part of me that was born while trying to raise money for cub scouts by selling candles door-to-door HATES asking for money.

I think I'll go shoot this week. Assignment: 12 photos to sell.

No comments: