All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

New York City


Wind.

So we flew up to NYC to see "The Gates"; lots of fun. You can say anything you'd like about it; "What is it?" "Is it art?" "You sure could build a nice hospital with $21 million!" "That's not saffron!"

What you can't say is that it didn't impact millions of people (and I'm not talking about how hard it was to get a taxi going down Central Park West.) We strolled through the park on Saturday, from 9:30 until 1:30, with 100's of thousands of people. It was amazing. The "saffron" with the grey trees and white snow was really something.

The people were something, as well. The good, the bad, and the Jersey.

Coming into the city from White Plains, the train was crowded, so S and I prepared to sit(unbuttoning coats, removing hats, etc.) on a 3 person seat next to the already ensconced woman by the window. As I sat, my hip bumped her purse, which was on the seat next to her, taking up part of the seat in which I clearly intended to sit.

"You suck", she said in her outside-her-head voice, as she grabbed the bag and protectively squished it into her lap. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" I said, then, in my inside-my-head voice thought, "ya know, that's right. I'm sorry you're mean. I'm sorry you have a mustache. I'm sorry you are reading 'Soap Opera Digest' and wearing 'Elvis' vanity license plate earrings. I'm sorry."

No comments: