All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

Mexico Stories - Jeff Almighty

(Ongoing rants from a gringo working in Silao, Mexico, til March '06)

Last night on our way home from the plant, the Jesus Enthusiast was at the wheel and deep in conversation with the front seat passenger about "church-mandated celibacy" and the Book of Paul when we were cut off by another driver veering into our lane.

"Boy, that's about all the bad driving I can take. I'm gonna stomp someone's ass a new mudhole."

Wanting to show that I was keeping up with all the bible talk, I piped in from the backseat. "Wow! Which Book is that from?"

I fully expected a bit of a fight ("The Book of 'Shut your Rathole', faggot"), but instead got, "you're right, brother, I was out of line. Thank you."

Again with the wow. I back-pedalled - "Look, I didn't mean to tell you what to do. I was just trying to be funny."

"No, that's all right; I needed someone to put me in my place and you did it. You may not have known it, but God spoke through you and I heard what I needed to hear."

Oh.

So, that's it? *That* was the big G-Man speaking through me? When the time came, I always thought it would be a bigger deal, like "Man must stop killing Man", or "Commandments 11-15 are...", or "Tonight's winning Lotto numbers will be..."

I had no idea God could be so sarcastic.

So, there I sat, slightly creeped out ("...hey...that's *my* voice...*I* was using that..."), but mostly intrigued; what else have I done that wasn't really me, but was God working through me?

"Jeffrey Dayne! Was that you that broke that vase?"

"No, mom, it was God."

"Well, tell him to be more careful...please."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are we having fun yet? Need any books? Have you thought about starting a book club in Mexico? Anyway I miss you and so does the rest of the building.
DP