All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

ATL - 11/24/08 - Thanksgiving

THANKS to everyone who donated!!!
Terracotta Warriors (okay, black resin warrior replicas...)

THANKS/ART/LOCAL/U.S./FRENCH/WEB NEWS

THANKS - I'm thankful for family and my home.

I'm thankful for neighbors that support both me and the causes I think are important.

I'm thankful for friends who roll their eyes, but don't turn their backs, when I do something thoughtless.


ART NEWS - I am thankful for inspirational art - 11/28, 9:00 AM to Midnight - "Fifteen non-stop hours of Asian-inspired music, dance, and art-making!" at the High Museum. -high-

I'm thankful for independent movie houses - 11/29, 10:00 PM - Silver Screen Spook Show - The Crawling Eye at the Plaza. -silverscream-

LOCAL NEWS - I'm thankful for my good health and the good health of my friends and family - 11/27, 8:20AM - My little brother and many of my neighbors are running in the Weather Channel Atlanta Marathon! The Half Marathon folks should be arriving in front of our building as early as 8:20 AM! Go Bro! -atc-

I'm thankful for my education - 11/27, 10:07 - The Georgia Tech Marching Band is in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! Look for them on T.V. about 10:07 ("10:07" is "about 10 o'clock" in engineer-speak). -gatech-

I am thankful for trees - Atlantans won the "Root for your City" American Express challenge by charging more on their AMEX than any other participating city. That means we spent more money we didn't have on things we didn't need than any other metro area, winning us a $300,000 grant to plant more trees. Yippee! -root-

I am NOT thankful that the Georgia DOT is taking a $100 million federal grant to turn HOV lanes - that promote fewer cars on the road by rewarding car pooling - into PAY LANES - that promote...what? Elitism? -ajc-

U.S. NEWS - I'm thankful for ever-increasing support in the fight for the environment - I like this article in slate: How the Republicans can win over voters by turning "blue" states "green". Reasonable and conservative steps towards protecting the environment. -slate-

FRENCH NEWS - I'm thankful for friends (and perspective) from other countries - Sarkozy promises a plan to help France face the employment, housing, and automotive crisis. -lemonde-

WEB NEWS - I am thankful for inexpensive Christmas gift ideas - "Top 25 Life-Improving Christmas Gifts under $10" -zen-

No comments: