All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

ATL - 9/29/08 Seattle

Ace Hotel...Pike's Market...Architecture...The Gum Wall

MOVIE/LOCAL/U.S./SEATTLE/WEB NEWS

MOVIE NEWS - This weekend, look for "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" (whose posters remind us to pronounce it "chee-wow-wa"... from Disney, whose "Ratatouille" posters spelled out "rat-a-too-ee"), "Flash of Genius" (Greg Kinnear - the intermittently successful actor - as the inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper), and "Nick and Nora's Infinite Play List" (Michael Cera as...well...Michael Cera).

ATLANTA NEWS - After all the controversy and comparisons following the Stepford-Wife-Like conclusion of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, I could't help put worry that our little "Bubba-games" in 1996 didn't fair very well. In Atlanta, we didn't have "Bird's Nest" or "Water Cube", but we did have the Olympic Stadium in which we now enjoy Braves Games every summer, the Natatorium and Olympic Village, which Georgia Tech administers and enjoys every day, and Olympic Centennial park, which is still a natural draw for visitors and natives alike.

We didn't build any Calatrava-like soaring sports cathedrals, but nor did we end up with any debt, or, like Lake Placid, a new jail.

Based on liquor license requests, 404 Lounge wants to open up in the Arts Center Tower...I understand the name tie-in to our area code (I've been to the similiarly named "Five-O-Three" in Portland), but on the internet, "404" is Not Found.

Congratulations Jimmy Carter on you 84th birthday this week!

U.S. NEWS - Sarah, Sarah, Sarah...just tell me you were wrong to teach abstinence to your daughter and I'll start listening to what else you have to say.

SEATTLE NEWS - In the ATL, we are used to event sponsorships by Delta, Coca-Cola, and Georgia Pacific. In the SEA, it's all Starbucks, Boeing, and Microsoft. While boarding Amtrak (the BEST way to go from Seattle to Portland), a woman loading her bike was asked if she was doing the "MS Bike Ride"...I of course assumed it was Microsoft. Nope...Multiple Sclerosis.

WEB NEWS - As if I don't have enough to daydream about (my terrific partner...my ability to travel to visit friends...my closet), I can get lost all afternoon at outnext.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff...Sarah will never get the approval of an effete snob such as you. Why bother even pretending that she could? She doesn't eat the right food, go to the right church, visit the right art galleries, watch the right foreign films. And that nasally, flyover state accent must really grate on your nerves!

One thing she has, though: accomplishment. Mother, wife, mayor, business owner, Governor of Alaska (with an 80% approval rating two years into her first term) and now Vice Presidential nominee. I think it's safe to say that she has already accomplished more in her young life than you (or any of your ultra cool friends) ever will. Good thing she doesn't need your approval or I would feel sorry for her.

Best Regards,
Anonymous Coward

Jeff Keesee said...

Wow...my first huge flame!

Not sure how my stating I would admire the GOP VP nom more if she admitted the government shouldn't dictate control over woman's bodies became "Sarah doesn't go to foreign films", but, by all means, keep up the (cowardly) debate!

I've never mentioned it before, but how do we know she doesn't go to foreign films? Because she would have listed them as "international experience".

(BTW - You left "illegitimate grandmother of bastard child" off her list of accomplishments.)

Jeff Keesee said...

BBTW - Dear, "Coward" - I think you are being a little harsh on Sarah...up until your comment, I didn't know or care what food/church/art galleries/foreign films she incorporated into her life. I'm grateful that you pointed out that they were the wrong ones! Scary!

Now, in her defense, I feel I should take a more positive tack and list some of the things I think she DOES do right:

Eyeglass selection
Subpoena non-compliance
Prevarication
Nepotism
Pandering
Ear-marking
Non-sportsmanlike, threatened-animal slaughter
Shotgun weddings
(It's tough picking flowers
that go with gunmetal grey!)