All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

Returning to the upright position

Ouch...

I have this ongoing back thing where every 8 months or so I wake up...turn over...and scream my entire building awake when a white-hot lightning-bolt of pain shoots up from my lower back up through the top of my head and I either seize-up in the bed like an frozen cow fetus or collapse onto the floor like the Hindenburg in fast-forward.

I don't know what it is...pinched nerve...pulled muscle...missing chromosome...but I do know that it hurts like hell to get upright in the morning. Once I get upright, I'm okay, but getting from Homo Simpson to Homo Erectus is the hardest thing imaginable. If I could crawl around all day without standing up, I would (it works well enough some Saturday nights...)

For me, this condition lends somewhat more credence to the folks fighting the science curriculum in Kansas - lower back pain is a justifiable foundation for an "Intelligent Design Theory" that would presumably explain away such painful evolutionary steps. Why would some monkey 2 million years ago go through this extruciating pain just to "evolve" into the upright position?

I can barely get through it to get the coffee maker.

But, I'm a born and bred science guy. Within 2 days, my back pain will be the furthest thing from my mind...as will the Dorothy Brigade...and I'll be back at the presumed top of the evolutionary ladder, right where I belong.

No comments: