All Rights Reserved. Nothing on this website or any links may be copied without the express written permission of Jeffrey Keesee. Some wedding photos and linked materials were engaged on a work-for-hire basis and are protected by copyright of the individual client and copyright holder. The photos are used here by permission and copyright to those works is expressly reserved by the owner. - United States Copyright Law

Flowers having sex...


Spent the day out in Piedmont Park photographing (and waiting on a Prius...that story later) and testing for pollen; both a big success! Spring is here; I took my first Claritin.

Most people wouldn't be very excited about taking their first anti-allergy medicine of the year, but for me, taking it at the first sign of a sniffle, or of goopy eyes, or of gritty tears means cutting the worst of the damage off at the pass.

I used to delay taking the drugs until the last possible minute because of the drowsy after-affects. I would balance "non-drowsy", marginally effective stuff during the day with the heavy-hitting "don't operate machinery" whoppers at night. That cocktail, along with tiny doses of the out-of-doors, air-conditioned indoor breezes, and lots of hair-washing, nettles-taking, nose-blowing, and eye-dropping would get me through late March / April.

I'm a sinus poster boy no more! Because of the miracle of modern medicine, I am no longer afraid to go outside...because of pollen. Now, if only there was a drug to prevent for UV radiation exposure, winter fat, pasty-white skin, and humidity...

No comments: